Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's
Celebrate living well with your community while benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's
This year's walk is dedicated in loving memory of Dr. Jay Rao.
Saturday, October 8, 2022 - Metairie, LA
Pavilion Island at Lafreniere Park
3000 Downs Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003
October 8, 2022
Registration and t-shirt pick-up at 9:00 am
Walk begins at 11:00 am
LA Walks is a celebration of living well complete with two handicap accessible walking routes, local food and beverages, a silent auction, parade of prizes raffle, live music, entertainment and local resources for people with Parkinson's.
LA Walks benefits the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's.
- Adult Participant - $30 (Includes LA Walks event tee, food, beverages and more)
- Child Participant - FREE (12 and under, includes food and beverages)
*Please note: All event-day participants must be registered regardless of age, to participate in the Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's event.
Additional purchase options:
- Extra adult tee
- Youth tee
- Parade of Prizes raffle tickets*
*Prepurchasing Parade of Prizes raffle tickets will save time! Tickets purchased in advance with registration will be printed with your name and phone number and will be available for pick-up day of the event at the raffle ticket sales tent.
Help us raise $100,000!
Check out the awesome incentives you can earn by becoming a Team DPF fundraiser at LA Walks!
The Walk Schedule of Events
- 9:00am - Registration and pre-registered t-shirt pickup, Silent Auction and Parade of Prizes opens, coffee, donuts and fresh fruit
- 9:50am - Program begins
- 11:00 am - Line up for Walk at the back bridge behind the pavilion and Walk begins
- 11am-2pm - Music
- Lunch served as walkers return
- 12:00pm - "Live Well Today" and "Every Victory Counts" Fundraising Champion Awards
- 12:30pm - Parade of Prizes Raffle Closes
- 12:45pm - Raffle Winner Announced (Winner must be present)
- 12:50pm - Last call for Silent Auction bids
- 1:00 pm - Silent Auction closes
- 2:00pm - Event concludes
*Please consider volunteering to stay and help pick up after event ends. We are very thankful for anyone that is willing to lend a hand.
*Backdrop to for individual or team pictures will be available through-out the day
Thank you to our sponsors and exhibitors!